Sunday, June 13, 2010

First two weeks of a Feature

The experience of being a best boy electric. You may wonder what that is well allow me to explain with some pictures.
The Lighting
And the crew.

A best boy electric is an awesome title for the head assistaint to the main lighting expert on the film. Therefore I was the right hand man. The film was a feature called "For Robbing the Dead" you can check out more pictures and stuff on Facebook they have fan page there.
Any-who. It was my first feature film that I was on for the entire time. 30 days. The first two weeks we where at the LDS Motion picture studio which was crazy cool. We shot on some sound stages and the back lot.

On the Sound Stage

A typical lighting set up
A typical night shoot. All the grave stones are sousaphone and to light this we had a 60 foot lift with a 20,000 watt light on it shinning down it was pretty crazy awesome. Along with some other lights on the ground.
Those where the first two weeks on the shoot join me next time for the next two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Micah! That's awesome. In the music world, a sousaphone is an instrument, but what does that word mean in the film world?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Mr. Right Hand Man to the Light. But in my world you're not the right hand man, you ARE my light MAN!

    ReplyDelete